What I have Learned

 Hello everyone, 

This blog is kinda like a final battle (maybe like a mini-boss) before next weeks blog and I really want to talk about something I have become quite famous for. Remember the satire blog, and the "magnificent" post I had, I want to talk about what I have learned from this post.

Quite literally the day after I posted this blog, I became a celebrity at Troy High. From people appreciating my satire to receiving the certain finger in the halls as I walked to physics. I even heard that a teacher had read this post and didn't appreciate the satire I had so well developed. 

To most, this was either an attempt at dark humor, or a mans' misogyny expressed in four hundred words. To me, this was an amazing experiment with quite amazing results. 

8 Awesome and Simple Science Experiments You Can Do at Home

My hypothesis: Creating a post that will confuse people's minds and hearts will lead to either aggression or support.

My Results: In my second hour, I was called out about three times about using my satire really well. About two hours later, I was referred to as an "a-hole" in math by a group of three girls who had somehow seen my blog post. Then came lunch, the table right next to me had about twelve pair of eyes that were entirely focused at my smiling face. The next day I was give about four high fives for my blog post, then I received the finger. The next day at powderpuff dogeball, I was announced as "Arya Prasad the male feminist". Then every week till now someone has called me out for my post, it seems that my writing really struck them as "different".

My Theory: After some thorough investigation of my results ( the finger was the most challenging to interpret ) I came to understand a pretty cool learning curve. What I chose to do was challenge a view that most people would never think of doing. The volume of reactions I got was insane, and say I would have chosen to post a something a lot smaller, or weaker attempt at satire, there would have never been this type of reaction, na that was practically my entire goal. The big idea is that you have to be willing to challenge something to be truly successful in it. Please don't be sexist. This could be trying a new lens, a new idea, a new invention that people wouldn't understand, or wouldn't believe would ever work, yet success is always rooted in a such a pursuit. I think it's quote a firm belief of mine since so many people we know have become successful by choosing to challenge.

Kickoff Workshop: The 30 Day Challenge - Boerigter Center for Calling and  Career

This experiment I chose to pursue was initially a joke to see how people would react, yet there was something much bigger in this joke that I came to realize and knew I had to share.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Life As A Male Feminist